The Russian Federation has a huge territory where they are stored strange mysteries related to science. One of them is Kola's well, the deepest drilling in the world, a geological project that reaches the gates of hell.
Kola's Well: Myth or Reality?
The combination between religion and science is at least the most careful version of the Kola well. This considering that there is no official version about some events that occurred there, but neither have these been refuted with scientific evidence.
Specifically, all that is known is that this well actually is in Russia and there are recordings of strange voices coming out of their depths, but their origin is unknown, giving rise to various conjectures.
Where exactly is the Kola well?
The Kola well is named because it is located on the Kola Peninsula, in the Murmansk Oblast.
The well of Kola reaches a depth of more than 12 kilometers, being until now the deepest drilling in the world.
Penetrating to a depth of 15 thousand meters in the earth's crust was the original purpose of the SG-3 or KSDB project, Also called Kola Super Deep Well.
Reaching this depth in the earth's crust would have only scientific character, especially of the lithosphere, the intermediate layer of the earth. Therefore, such drilling was not motivated to interest in the exploitation of oil, gas or any other mineral.
Specifically, the purpose was to study the lithosphere and for this purpose a geological laboratory equipped with instruments and materials highly resistant to the extreme conditions of these depths was installed at a depth of almost 9 thousand meters.
What was expected with the excavation of the Kola well?
The expectations regarding the depth of the Kola well were the following:
- It was planned that for 1990 the well would reach a height of thirteen thousand meters.
- The well for 1993 should already exceed a depth of fifteen thousand meters
The reality is that you could only reach the 12.226 depth meters, because the work in 1992 was paralyzed, without being able to reach the established goal.
Why did borehole drilling stop?
The reason why the well did not reach the expected level of depth (15.000 meters) was due to the instability of the tunnel. In fact, in 1984 there was a crash that caused the collapse of the well to a depth of 5.000 meters.
Despite the low external temperatures at the site chosen for excavation as the temperature dropped, it increased. It was believed that at the depth of 15 thousand meters the temperature would be around 100 ° C. They were clearly wrong.
The temperature at 12 thousand meters was 180 ºC, so it was practically an oven in which people and equipment stopped working. At that depth a mass composed of mud and hydrogen emerged from the bowels of the earth.
Some details about the Kola well
This deep well located in Russia was initiated and culminated during the Soviet era, marking the following milestones:
- The project proposal was introduced by the Interdepartmental Scientific Council for the Study of the Earth
- The drilling site in 1965 was chosen, 10 km west of the city of Zapoliarni.
- On May 24, 1970 began drilling several wells using Uralmash-4E and Uralmash-15000 drills.
- Until the 6 of June of 1979 the Well Bertha Rogers located in Oklahoma, United States, specifically in the county of Washita, was the deepest well with 9.583 meters, being displaced by that of Kola.
- 1983 in Kola exceeds the 12 one thousand meters deep, the biggest record in the world.
- For unknown reasons, work stops for approximately one year.
- The 27 of September of 1984, after reaching the 12.066 meters, that is, more than 12 kilometers, a catastrophic accident occurs: a landslide occurs at five thousand meters deep.
- The drilling continues after seven thousand meters and finally you reach the 12.262 meters in 1989.
- In 1992, after many attempts to continue moving towards the unknown entrails of the earth, the works are suspended.
One of the reasons that motivated the paralysis of the construction of the deepest well in the world and not having been able to reach the 15.000 was due to high temperatures.
An amazing unconfirmed version
The state-owned company GNPP Nebra installed a geological laboratory at 8578 meters deep, and in 1980, a scientist named Azzacov, together with a group of colleagues, find an underground cavity that seems to reach 15 one thousand meters.
In order to determine the depth of said cavity by means of the echo, equipment capable of withstanding the high temperatures descends to obtain recordings of the sounds that are produced there.
The recorded sounds not only help determine the depth of the cavity but also show an unusual fact: The presence of people in the cavity that seemed to suffer terrifying torments.
The microphones of the equipment collected seventeen seconds of recording of thousands or perhaps millions of moans and terrifying groans.
There are still disturbing questions about Kola's well
The scientists could not give a rational explanation to this amazing discovery, but the religious who learned about the recordings attributed the voices to the discovery of the gate to hell.
For the religious associations that spread the news throughout the world, the cries, cries, supplications and cries of pain that came from the depths of the earth could not indicate anything other than the proximity to the place where sinful souls are martyred: Hell.
It is still unknown if Dr. Azzacov really existed, as did the disturbing recordings, but what is certain is about the existence of the Kola well and a depth that could not exceed 12 kilometers due to high temperatures, making scientists and religious ask about what actually exists beyond.