If something teaches us about the culture of a country, it is its gastronomy.
And if you really want to know the cuisine of Russia, then you must know the traditional and original preparation of the Borsch soup.
Today we want to tell you a bit about the history of Borsch soup and teach you how to prepare in Russia.
Do you fancy a hot dish?
Join us to try the most popular soup in Russia!
The Borsch soup. How do you prepare
Borsch soup is also known as the Russian beet soup.
And this is its main ingredient and the one that gives it its characteristic red color.
Currently, still Russians and Ukrainians are vying for their authorship, but at the same time remains one of the most popular dishes and recipes for Russians.
In fact, Russians are fanatics of soups, many of their typical dishes are soups and broths, but this undoubtedly goes to the head.
Borsch soup is the most famous soup in Russia and a pride for the country's gastronomy.
On the other hand, the soup Borsch, is a soup that is consumed in all Eastern Europe, and also eat hot or cold.
And the most curious thing is that with the massive migration of the Jews, also fans of this soup, the Borsch crossed all the borders until it even reached Latin America.
Especially in Argentina, today is a recurring dish.
We share the traditional Borsch soup recipe below.
Original recipe of Russian soup Borsch
Ingredients to prepare Borsch:
- 3 beets
- 1 potato
- Carrots 2
- 1 cebolla
- 1 clove garlic
- Black pepper
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 water glasses
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Tacos with ham, bacon or meat (optional)
Preparation of Borsch soup
- Put the ham, bacon and / or meat taquitos in a pot with plenty of water. Add a tablespoon of salt and boil with the lid half open, over medium heat, for 1 hour and a half, removing the gray foam that releases the meat (in case you have selected that protein).
- Once the meat does not release more gray foam, add the bay leaves.
- In parallel, peel the beet, cut into thin sticks, wash with cold water. It is also recommended to soak 5 to 10 minutes in water to release the red juice. Then, fry in oil (if it is sunflower, better) until it softens.
- Cut the carrot in the same way as the beet and fry with the beetroot for 3 minutes. When they are ready, pour in the water with the meat and the laurel. When the soup begins to boil, add the potatoes cut into cubes.
- Apart, skip the onion until browning, then add the garlic.
Additional data for the preparation of the Borsch
- When the soup begins to boil again, add the onion and garlic together with other extra ingredients cut in strips: the cabbage and the morrón. If the cabbage is added it has to be almost at the end because the soup should not boil for a long time with the cabbage, in fact it should be raw.
- Finally add the chopped parsley, lemon juice, a teaspoon of butter, salt and pepper to taste. When all these ingredients are integrated, stir and cook for 1 minute more.
The Borsch soup Finally it should be thick and with very concentrated flavors.
As we said before, it can be served hot, fresh from the fire or cold.
Video Recipe of Borsch Soup